6 slices of bacon, diced
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 (28 oz) cans of baked beans (low sugar)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Get ready for a flavor explosion.
- In a large oven-safe skillet or Dutch oven, cook the diced bacon over medium heat until crispy and golden brown. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set it aside. Leave the bacon drippings in the pan; they’re pure liquid gold.
- In the same pan, add the finely chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté them until they turn soft and translucent, soaking up all that delicious bacon flavor.
- Stir in the baked beans, brown sugar, molasses, tomato paste, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix everything together until all the ingredients are well combined and the beans are nicely coated.
- Season the mixture with a pinch of salt and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper. Taste it – go ahead, be the taste tester, and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Cover the skillet or Dutch oven with a lid or aluminum foil and pop it into the preheated oven. Let the beans bake and simmer for about 1 hour, giving all the flavors a chance to mingle and create a symphony in your mouth.
- After an hour, remove the lid or foil and stir in the crispy bacon you set aside earlier. It’s time for the grand finale.
- Put the beans back in the oven, uncovered, and let them bake for an additional 30 minutes. This will give you that perfect caramelized layer on top, making the dish irresistible.
- Take the pan out of the oven, and behold your masterpiece – baked beans with bacon, ready to be devoured.
Can you believe it? The 4th of July is here, and I’m so ready to kick off the party season with a bang.
And you know what that means, right? It’s time to share one of the best 4th of July recipes – Baked Beans with Bacon.
(Oh yeah, you heard it right) This mouthwatering, lip-smacking delight is the star of every summer gathering.
And I can’t wait to spill the beans on why it’s a must-have on your party menu.
Now, let me take you back to the good ol’ days – the days of sunshine, laughter, and endless fun with friends and family.
Back then, baked beans with bacon were like a magical charm that brought everyone together around the grill.
The smell of bacon sizzling and the rich, sweet aroma of those baked beans filled the air. (announcing the start of a feast to remember)
And guess what? As the years have gone by, I’ve held onto that tradition, but with my own twist.
I’ve turned into the ultimate hostess with the mostest, and my secret weapon? You guessed it – these amazing baked beans with bacon.
The dish is so much more than just a side; it’s like a warm hug that brings people closer and creates unforgettable memories.
So, here we are, my awesome peeps. I’m here to share the love and spread the joy with my tried-and-tested summer recipe that’s perfect for any celebration.
Get ready to fire up that grill, set up those picnic blankets, and let’s dig into the goodness of baked beans with bacon together.
Are you as excited as I am? Let’s do this!
Delicious Accompaniments that You Should Serve with Baked Beans with Bacon
Looking to take your 4th of July feast to the next level?
Serving baked beans with bacon with these mouthwatering accompaniments will elevate your celebration to a whole new level of yumminess.
Let’s dive into the perfect matches for this delightful dish:
Smoky Lemon Herbed Grilled Chicken
Ignite the grill and prepare for a burst of delightful flavors.
Tender, juicy chicken marinated in a zesty blend of lemon, herbs, and spices is the ideal partner for the rich and smoky goodness of baked beans with bacon.
The citrusy notes of this tangy lemon herb grilled chicken perfectly complement the sweet and savory flavors of the beans.
Creating a harmony that’ll have your taste buds dancing with joy.
Juicy BBQ Shrimp Po’Boys
Craving some coastal vibes at your 4th of July bash? Say hello to these irresistible BBQ shrimp po’boys.
Juicy, succulent shrimp coated in smoky BBQ goodness, served in a crusty roll with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, and a drizzle of creamy sauce – need I say more?
This seafood delight adds a delightful twist to the party, perfectly balancing the heartiness of the beans. (with a touch of coastal flair)
Crunchy Veggie Spring Rolls
Don’t forget your veggie-loving friends at the gathering.
These crispy, colorful veggie spring rolls are a fantastic addition to the table. Filled with fresh veggies and herbs, and served with a tangy dipping sauce.
They add a refreshing crunch that pairs beautifully with the rich and hearty baked beans with bacon.
It’s a combination that’ll satisfy every palate and make your celebration complete.
These delectable accompaniments will take your baked beans with bacon from delightful to unforgettable.
Whether you’re a fan of grilled chicken, seafood goodness, or veggie delights, these pairings will create a feast that’ll have everyone coming back for seconds.
And there you have it, my fellow food enthusiasts – the ultimate baked beans with bacon experience that’ll make your 4th of July celebration one for the books.
From the delightful 4th of July recipe to discovering the perfect accompaniments that bring out the best in this classic dish.
You’ve embarked on a flavor-filled journey that celebrates the joy of good food and great company.
As you gather around the grill, sharing laughter and creating memories with your loved ones.
Baked beans with bacon become more than just a quick and simple dinner recipe – it becomes a symbol of togetherness and the spirit of celebration.
The sweet and smoky aroma fills the air, triggering nostalgia and reminding everyone of the carefree days of summers past.
So, as you prepare to host your 4th of July bash, remember the magic of these beans.
Let them be the heart of your feast, connecting people over shared plates and creating moments that will be treasured for years to come.
From my kitchen to yours, I wish you a summer filled with laughter, love, and the delightful taste of baked beans with bacon.
Cheers to good eats and even better memories!
Looking To Simplify Meal Planning?
My free printable meal planner will help you achieve that.
Designed with elegance and thoughtfulness, this planner will make meal planning a delightful journey.
With its intuitive layout, this meal planner will inspire and organize your daily meals effortlessly.
From breakfast to dinner or even your 4th of July feast, this planner has you covered. Say goodbye to mealtime chaos and hello to stress-free cooking.
Take this opportunity to savor simplicity – grab your free printable meal planner now and let it be your ally in creating flavorful meals with ease.
It’s time to embrace the joy of planning and enjoy every moment in the kitchen.
What can I add to baked beans with bacon to make them taste better?
To take your baked beans with bacon to the next level of deliciousness, try these mouthwatering additions:
- Hot Sauce or BBQ Sauce: If you love a bit of heat and extra zest, a splash of hot sauce or your favorite BBQ sauce will do the trick.
- Jalapeños: For a spicy kick, dice up some jalapeños and toss them into the mix. It’s perfect for those who like it bold and fiery.
- Pineapple Chunks: Want a tropical twist? Pineapple chunks add a burst of tangy sweetness that pairs wonderfully with the savory beans.
- Ground Beef or Sausage: Take it up a notch by adding cooked ground beef or sausage. It adds heartiness and extra savory goodness to the dish.
What methods can I use to add thickness to baked beans WIth bacon?
The secret to achieving that luscious, thick texture lies in a few simple tricks:
- Simmer Longer: Let the beans simmer on low heat for a bit longer than the usual cooking time.
The liquid will reduce, and the beans will naturally thicken.
- Mash Some Beans: Take a potato masher and gently mash a portion of the beans against the side of the pan.
This releases their starch, thickening the sauce.
- Cornstarch Slurry: Mix cornstarch with cold water to create a slurry, and stir it into the beans. The starch will thicken the sauce as it cooks.
Are canned beans healthy?
Absolutely. Canned beans can be a nutritious addition to your diet.
They are packed with protein, fiber, and essential nutrients like iron, folate, and potassium. Plus, they are convenient and versatile.
Nonetheless, it’s important to pay attention to the levels of sodium present in canned beans. To reduce sodium, opt for low-sodium or no-salt-added varieties.
You can also rinse the beans under cold water before using them to further reduce sodium levels.
For an even healthier option, consider cooking dried beans from scratch. Soaking and cooking them at home allows you to control the ingredients and flavors.