Welcome, fellow foodies!
Are you tired of slaving over the stove for hours to create the perfect meal? Me too! That’s why I’ve fallen head over heels for my trusty crock pot.
It’s the kitchen hero that saves the day on those busy weeknights when I’m short on time but still want to impress my family with a mouth-watering dinner.
In this article, I’m going to share with you some incredibly easy dinner ideas that are sure to tickle your taste buds.
And we will also cover the benefits of using a crockpot for your dinner meals.
These recipes are perfect for families who want to enjoy healthy and delicious food without having to sacrifice too much time or energy.
Whether you’re a busy parent, preparing a meal for a student who’s constantly on the go, or simply looking to spice up your dinner routine.
(These crock pot meals are the answer to all your prayers!)
So, get ready to feast your eyes (and stomachs) on some seriously scrumptious food.
Incredible Advantages of Using a Crock Pot for Dinner
Cooking with a crock pot is like having your own personal chef, without having to pay a hefty fee or deal with a snooty attitude.
Not only does it save you time and effort, but it also retains the nutrients and flavors of your ingredients, making your meals both healthy and tasty.
Here are some of the amazing benefits of using a crock pot for dinner:
- Saves Time and Effort: Who wants to spend hours in the kitchen, slaving away over a hot stove? (Not me!)
With a crock pot, all you need to do is toss in your ingredients and let the crock pot work its magic.
You can even prep your ingredients the night before and wake up to a delicious meal in the morning.
- Helps to Retain Nutrients: I know that cooking can sometimes break down the nutrients in our food, leaving us with a less healthy meal.
But with a crock pot, your food cooks slowly and at a low temperature, preserving the vitamins and minerals in your ingredients.
(It’s like a spa day for your food!)
- Provides Versatility in Cooking Options: One of my favorite things about using a crock pot is the endless possibilities it offers.
From soups and stews to meats and vegetarian dishes, the options are endless.
You can even experiment with different flavors and ingredients to create your own unique and delicious meals.
With all these benefits in mind, it’s no wonder that using a crock pot is becoming increasingly popular among busy families and even new meal preppers alike.
So, let’s dive into some easy dinner recipes that you can cook with a crock pot!
(Spoiler alert: it’s going to be epic!)
Delicious Dinner Ideas That You Can Cook With a Crock Pot
Are you ready to take your taste buds on a wild ride? Look no further than your trusty crock pot!
As a busy mom who always looks for healthy meals to prepare, I know the struggle of finding quick and easy dinner recipes that you can cook in a breeze.
But fear not! Because I’ll be sharing my top picks for meals that you can cook with a crock pot.
With these recipes, you’ll be able to whip up scrumptious dishes that will have your family begging for more.
Here are some delicious crock pot recipes that you should try:
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Stir in the grated parmesan cheese, grated mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the chopped artichoke hearts and thawed spinach to the mixture, and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a crock pot and cook on low heat for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally, until the cheese is melted and the dip is hot and bubbly.
- Serve the dip with tortilla chips, crackers, or bread slices.
Enjoy your delicious spinach and artichoke dip appetizer, perfect to prepare for your family!
This dip is easy to make and the crock pot keeps it warm for hours,
So you can still enjoy the night with your family without worrying about your appetizer getting cold.
Crock Pot Lasagna
12 lasagna noodles
1 pound ground beef
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 container (15 ounces) of ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic until the beef is browned and the onion is translucent.
Drain any excess fat.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta cheese and half of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Grease the crockpot with cooking spray. Spread a thin layer of the meat sauce on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Layer three lasagna noodles over the sauce, breaking them into pieces as needed to fit.
- Spread a layer of the cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Repeat layers of meat sauce, noodles, and cheese mixture until all ingredients are used up, ending with a layer of meat sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese over the top of the lasagna.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours, or until the lasagna noodles are cooked through.
- Serve hot and enjoy your delicious and easy crockpot lasagna!
There you have it, an easy and delicious way to make lasagna using your crockpot.
With this crockpot recipe, you’ll be able to whip up a mouth-watering lasagna that will impress even the toughest food critics.
Whether you’re preparing a meal for a large family dinner or just want to indulge in some comfort food, this recipe has got you covered.
Creamy Corn Casserole
1 can of corn (15 oz)
1 can of creamed corn (15 oz)
1 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup of melted butter
1 box of Jiffy cornbread mix (8.5 oz)
2 eggs, beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine the can of corn, creamed corn, sour cream, and melted butter.
- Add the beaten eggs and stir well.
- Add the Jiffy cornbread mix and stir until everything is well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture into a greased crockpot.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours, or until the casserole is set and golden brown on top.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious creamy corn casserole!
And that’s it! (a perfect side dish for any meal)
The crockpot makes it incredibly easy to prepare, and the combination of corn, creamed corn, and Jiffy cornbread mix creates a creamy and savory flavor.
Chocolate Lava Cake
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup hot water
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, 1/2 cup sugar, and cocoa powder until well combined.
- Add in the milk, oil, and vanilla extract, and stir until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Grease the crockpot with cooking spray.
- Pour the mixture into the crockpot.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the hot water and the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the mixture over the cake batter into the crockpot.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or until the cake is cooked through.
- Serve the chocolate lava cake hot with a scoop of ice cream on top.
(This delicious chocolate lava cake is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth and is so easy to make in a crockpot!)
The rich, chocolatey flavor and gooey center will have your taste buds dancing with joy.
Using a crock pot for your meals can be a game-changer, especially if you’re looking for a way to simplify your meal prepping for dinner.
In this article, I’ve shared some delicious appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, and desserts that can all be made using a crock pot.
Whether you’re in the mood for something savory or sweet, there’s a recipe here that will satisfy your cravings.
I hope that these recipes have inspired you to try something new in the kitchen and experiment with your crock pot.
Not only are these recipes easy to make and packed with flavor, but they’re also perfect for meal prepping and entertaining.
Plus, using a crock pot is a great way to free up your oven or stove for other dishes.
So, why not give one of these recipes a try today and see how effortless it is to make a delicious meal using a crock pot?
With these recipes in your arsenal, you’ll never have to stress over your weekly meal planning again.
Get ready to impress your friends and family with your newfound culinary skills.
Take Action and Achieve Your Health Goals Now!
Are you tired of feeling overwhelmed with meal planning and struggling to stick to your health goals?
It’s time to take charge of your journey and start enjoying the process!
With the help of my free printable meal planner.
This personalized meal planner is designed to cater to your unique preferences and help you achieve your health and fitness goals.
Say goodbye to the guesswork and hello to a hassle-free meal planning experience.
Don’t let meal planning be a burden anymore!
With my free meal planner printable, you’ll have everything you need to create a meal plan that works for you.
Download your free meal planner now and let’s start this journey together!
What is good to cook in a crock pot?
A crock pot is an extremely versatile kitchen appliance that can be used to cook a wide variety of dishes.
Some of the most popular foods to cook in a crock pot include soups, stews, chilis, and roasts.
You can also cook pasta dishes, casseroles, and even desserts in a crock pot.
The slow-cooking process helps to infuse the flavors of the ingredients, resulting in rich and flavorful meals.
Is chicken more tender in a crock pot?
Yes, chicken cooked in a crock pot is often more tender than when it’s cooked in the oven or on the stove.
The low and slow cooking method allows the chicken to cook slowly, allowing the meat to become tender and juicy.
Additionally, cooking chicken in a crock pot allows the chicken to be cooked evenly, resulting in tender and moist meat.
What can you use a crock pot slow cooker for?
A crock pot slow cooker can be used to cook a variety of meals, including soups, stews, chilis, roasts, and casseroles.
You can also cook pasta dishes, vegetables, and even desserts in a crock pot. Slow cooking allows the flavors of the ingredients to blend together, resulting in rich and delicious meals.
What meat is best for a crock pot?
Meats that are ideal for cooking in a crock pot include tougher cuts of beef, pork, and chicken.
These cuts typically have more connective tissue and benefit from the slow-cooking process.
Some popular cuts of beef for crock pot cooking include chuck roast, brisket, and short ribs.
Pork shoulder, pork chops, and pork tenderloin are also great options. For chicken, thighs, and legs are ideal for crock pot cooking.
Why is my crock pot chicken so watery?
One possible reason why your crock pot chicken is watery is that you added too much liquid to the pot.
Crock pots work by trapping moisture, so you don’t need to add as much liquid as you would if you were cooking the chicken on the stove.
Additionally, if the chicken was frozen when you added it to the pot, it may have released additional moisture as it thawed.
Finally, overcooking the chicken can cause it to become watery, so make sure to cook it for the appropriate amount of time.