If you’re looking for dinner ideas an easy white chicken chili recipe might just be it.
There’s nothing that says homemade like a well made and hot chicken chili that hits the soul.
Now, I love myself some chicken noodle soup, but there’s nothing like making some white chicken chili to change it up for your taste buds!
Why exactly is it called ‘white chicken chili’?
Usually its because besides using chicken and chili the recipe uses white beans (which are totally delicious by the way, and good for you too!)
I seriously love anything that has to do with soups, whether its beef soup, chicken soup, green chili pork soup, or corn soup.
You name it. if it has the word soup in it, chances are I’m all for it.
Related: Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Tacos
The great thing about this chicken chili recipe is that you can make it in a crock pot if you want. That way you don’t have to keep an eye on it and you can go about your day knowing you’ll come home to some DELICIOUS white chicken chili that’s ready to go!
SO, what all goes into making this white chicken chili recipe a keeper?
White Chicken Chili Recipe
If you’re wondering, some of the tasty ingredients in this white chicken chili are:
- chicken broth
- garlic, minced
- green chilis
- white beans
- cayenne pepper
- diced tomatoes
- sweet corn
- Queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- Chopped cilantro
- Sliced green onions
I LOVE the taste that the sliced green onions and the cumin add to the white chicken chili along with the chilis themselves. All the combination of spices make it worth cooking on a lazy weekday!
Garnish Your White Chicken Chili With Queso Fresco
If you haven’t yet tried to garnish your white chicken chili with queso fresco then you are SO missing out. The saltiness and crumbly chewiness of the cheese makes for a delicious mixture of flavor and textures in your mouth.
You can usually find queso fresco at your local grocery store and it’ll keep well in the fridge for a while. This means you can use it as garnish in other dinner recipes you make throughout the week.
The consistency is similar to feta cheese, except it is less bitter and has a softer taste.
And of course, that bit of uncooked cilantro on top give it that nice kick of spice on top.
SIDE NOTE: When you’re cooking you’ll often run into conversion questions that you might not know off the top of your head. Especially when converting liquids. Here’s how to remember your kitchen conversions!
If you’re looking for more easy dinner ideas, then you’ll love some of my other recipes!
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Tacos
- Chicken And Veggie Bake
- One Pan Green Chili Chicken
- Apple Nachos
- Authentic Guacamole Recipe
- Easy Strawberry Cake
- One Pan Orzo With Sausage And Peppers
I LOVE recipes that are full of flavor, aren’t too hard to make, and that give you the option of eating and tasting something different than what you might be used to.
A lot of them you can learn by heart and you can incorporate them into your weekly cooking. Having a meal planner always helps. That way you can plan ahead and know EXACTLY what ingredients to buy the next time you go to the grocery store.
Make sure you print out this easy white chicken chili recipe and share it with all your friends. Once you make it a few times, you’ll know it by heart and you can add it to your dinner idea arsenal.
Easy White Chicken Chili
- 2 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans of green chilis, undrained
- 2 cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 11/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 3 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen, sweet corn
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp salt
- queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- chopped cilantro
- sliced green onions
- In a large dutch over or saucepan, heat oil
- Add the chopped onion and saute for 3 minutes
- Add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute or until fragrant
- Sprinkle the flour over the onion and garlic, stir well for about 1 minute to create a roux
- Slowly stir in the chicken broth, stirring well as you add it in
- Add the green chilis, white beans, oregano, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and diced tomatoes
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer 15 minutes
- Add the frozen corn and chicken and simmer an additional 5 minutes
- Serve with crumbled Queso fresco cheese, sliced green onions and chopped cilantro