If you’re in need of something sweet that also looks pretty and delicious, then look no further than these flan strawberry whip cream appetizers!
The idea for these flan bites as I also like to call them, came when I was shopping for a few things at the 99 cent store (goodness I love that store) and I came across these clear square cups that I thought were pretty adorable.
Right away it was like I thought of a bajillion things I could use those square cups for (parties, jello, organizing, the crafts are endless!) So you’ll probably see them making an appearance around the blog every once in a while, like I did with this idea.
What you’ll need
For these flan appetizers you’ll definitely need a flan recipe. The one is use is oh SO simple and easy to make.
And it tastes amazing. You can find the easy flan recipe here >>
And then you’ll also need a can of whipped cream and fresh strawberries. Along with your favorite appetizer serving cups.
Here are some you can get affordably on Amazon that look like these.
How to put them together
Putting these appetizer cups together is the easiest thing in the world.
All you have to do is cut up the flan into small squares and pour it into each of your cups.
Then add a small strawberry to the side and then a good dollop of whipped cream on the side, while spraying it out in circular motions to get a nice whipped cream shape.
Your flan can last a long time in the fridge. I’d say up to a week before it starts getting a bit hard and style tasting.
I had a little bit (okay a lot! ) of fun creating these flan bites, so prepare to be showered with a ton of photos now!
Sorry in advance.
Easy Flan Recipe
- 12 Oz Can of sweet condensed milk (your typical can size)
- 12 Oz Of evaporated milk (your typical can size has a bit more)
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 Cup White sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees
- Set a small pan on medium on stove top and add your sugar
- Let it melt slowly into a brown liquid while mixing often
- Once all the sugar is melted, add it to a glass 9X9 dish and spread evenly throughout the bottom. Set aside
- Whisk together three eggs
- Add whole can of condensed milk and mix
- Then in a small pan or microwave bring evaporated milk to a hard boil
- Pour into your egg and condensed milk mix and mix well
- Pour mix into your 9X9 glass dish and use a bigger dish to set it in 'baine marie' style
- Add aluminum foil to dish and cover (this way you avoid overcooking the bottom of the flan)
- Set in oven and cook for an hour
- Once you check and see the flan moves in a firm gelatinous way when shook it's ready to take out and let cool. Or you can stick a toothpick in it and see that it comes out clean.
- Enjoy with whipped cream and strawberries!
Like the idea? Don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!