Green chili chicken is one of those easy dinner ideas that won’t disappoint.
It’s super delicious, cheesy, and super fast to make.
If you want an easy recipe that you’ll be able to get away with not doing too much work for it then this might just be the recipe for you.
This week is all about recipes, easy dinner recipes to be exact, because there’s nothing better than being able to come home and throw something together without too much effort and still eat super tasty.
I’ve been working hard putting together recipes that I think you’ll enjoy! What I like about this particular recipe is that it checks both the chicken and the cheesy boxes.
You can pair this recipe with lots of different things, including re-fried beans or plain white rice.
If you get extra savvy you can even add tortilla pieces to the mix to make a type of green chili chicken enchilada dish.
You can’t beat the juicy taste of chicken and green chili baked together garnished with cheese and green onion on top.
Green Chicken Chili
The great thing about green chicken chili is that it doesn’t take too many ingredients to put together and you can easily make it a weeknight dinner idea. Some of the ingredients for this green chicken chili are:
- Green chilis
- cream cheese
- Monterrey jack cheese
- chicken breasts
- and spices
It’s a super practical dinner recipe that only takes a few ingredients and they’re all pretty inexpensive. I love that you can make this dish in just about 25 minutes and you’re left with a yummy dinner that also makes for great leftovers!
You can mix it up and make your leftovers into green chicken chili tacos, chicken dumplings or even a green chicken chili soup.
All you have to do is get a little creative with your food so you can stretch it and make the most out of it for the week.
So its a good thing this green chicken chili can last in your fridge for about a week.
SIDE NOTE: When you’re cooking you’ll often run into conversion questions that you might not know off the top of your head. Especially when converting liquids. Here’s how to remember your kitchen conversions!
There are lots of ways to make green chicken chili, not just in one-pan form. Here are some other cool green chicken chili recipes you can check out for reference!
If you like this recipe make sure you check out some of my best ones:
Green Chili Chicken
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cans of green chilis
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on med-high
- Saute the chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees fahrenheit. Remove and set aside
- Add the onion and saute for about 3 minutes or until translucent
- Add the garlic and saute for an additional 30 seconds
- Add the green chilis, salt, pepper, and cream cheese
- Stir while allowing the cream cheese to melt, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low
- Add the chicken back to the skillet, top with the Monterey Jack cheese, cover and let the cheese melt for about 3 minutes
- Top with green onions and serve on rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes
Did you try my Green Chili Chicken?
Did you try my recipe? I’d love it if you let me know how it went below! Remember to check out some of our other recipes for more weeknight recipe ideas that make your life easier.