Salads have always been a go-to option for me when I want to enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal.
There’s something about the vibrant colors, fresh ingredients, and delightful flavors that make salads irresistible.
Today, I want to share with you one of my all-time favorite salad recipes: the Grilled Steak Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Trust me when I say that this salad is a game-changer!
Picture this: succulent, perfectly grilled steak slices resting on a bed of crisp salad greens, accompanied by an array of colorful vegetables, tangy red onions, creamy feta cheese, and crunchy toasted almonds.
All of these delightful elements are beautifully tied together by a drizzle of luscious balsamic vinaigrette. Are you salivating yet? I know I am!
What I love most about this grilled steak salad is its versatility.
Whether you’re hosting a summer barbecue, preparing a light dinner, or simply craving a filling and nutritious lunch, this salad fits the bill.
The combination of grilled steak and balsamic vinaigrette creates a harmony of flavors that will leave your taste buds dancing with joy.
Throughout this blog post, I’ll guide you through each step of creating this mouthwatering salad.
So, let’s dive in and embark on this flavorful culinary adventure together!
Delicious Ingredients for Grilled Steak Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Before we jump into the preparation process, let’s gather all the delicious ingredients you’ll need to create this tantalizing Grilled steak salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- High-quality steak: Choose a tender and flavorful cut such as ribeye, striploin, or tenderloin. Aim for around 8-10 ounces per person.
- Fresh salad greens: Opt for a mix of your favorite greens like crisp romaine lettuce, baby spinach, or arugula.
This will provide a refreshing base for the salad.
- Assorted vegetables: Get creative and select a variety of colorful vegetables to enhance the visual appeal and nutritional value of the salad.
Tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers work wonderfully.
- Red onions: Thinly sliced red onions add a mild and tangy kick to the salad. They pair exceptionally well with the grilled steak.
- Crumbled feta cheese: This creamy and salty cheese complements the flavors of the steak and adds a pleasant tang to the salad.
- Toasted almonds: Give your salad a delightful crunch by toasting a handful of almonds and then roughly chopping them.
The nuttiness will elevate the overall texture.
- Fresh herbs: A sprinkle of fresh herbs like parsley or basil adds a burst of freshness and aromatic touch to the salad.
- Balsamic vinaigrette: The star of the show!
Prepare a tantalizing balsamic vinaigrette by combining quality balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, a touch of honey, salt, and pepper.
Once you have all these ingredients at hand, you’re ready to embark on the journey of creating a mouthwatering grilled steak salad.
Perfecting the Grilled Steak for Grilled Steak Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Grilled Steak Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette (A Nutritious Delight)Course: Lifestyle, Recipes
1 lb (450g) high-quality steak (such as ribeye, striploin, or tenderloin)
6 cups mixed salad greens (e.g., romaine lettuce, baby spinach, arugula)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cucumber, sliced
1 bell pepper, sliced
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup toasted almonds, roughly chopped
Fresh herbs (e.g., parsley, basil), for garnish
- For the Balsamic Vinaigrette:
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon honey (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, honey (if desired), salt, and pepper to make the balsamic vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
Place it on the preheated grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or adjust the cooking time to your desired doneness.
Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine the mixed salad greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, bell pepper slices, and red onion. Toss gently to mix.
- Thinly slice the grilled steak against the grain. Add the steak slices to the salad bowl.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese and toasted almonds over the salad.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette over the salad ingredients, tossing gently to coat everything evenly.
- Garnish the salad with fresh herbs.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the flavorful and nutritious Grilled Steak Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette!
Preparing the steak for your grilled steak salad is a crucial step that determines the flavor and tenderness of the meat.
By following these simple steps, you’ll achieve juicy and perfectly cooked steak slices that will take your salad to the next level.
- Choose the right steak: Start by selecting a high-quality steak with good marbling.
Look for cuts like ribeye, striploin, or tenderloin, as they are known for their tenderness and rich flavor.
- Marinate for maximum flavor: To infuse the steak with incredible flavor, prepare a marinade.
You can create a simple yet delicious marinade using ingredients like olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
Place the steak in a shallow dish and coat it thoroughly with the marinade.
Allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours for a more intense flavor.
- Preheat the grill: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. This will ensure proper cooking and give the steak a beautiful sear.
- Prepare the steak for grilling: Remove the steak from the marinade and let any excess marinade drip off.
Allow the steak to come to room temperature for about 15 minutes before grilling. This helps promote even cooking.
- Grill to perfection: Place the steak on the preheated grill and close the lid.
Cook the steak for about 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare doneness, adjusting the time based on your desired level of doneness.
Remember to only flip the steak once during cooking to achieve those gorgeous grill marks.
- Rest before slicing: Once the steak reaches your desired doneness, remove it from the grill and let it rest on a cutting board for 5-10 minutes.
This allows the juices to redistribute within the meat, resulting in a tender and juicy steak. Tent the steak loosely with foil to retain the heat.
Now that you have perfectly grilled steak slices, you’re ready to move on to the exciting part: assembling the salad.
assembling the Grilled Steak Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Now that you have succulent grilled steak slices ready to go, it’s time to bring all the vibrant components together and assemble your mouthwatering Grilled steak salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
Get ready for a symphony of flavors and textures!
- Prepare the salad greens and vegetables: Start by washing and drying the salad greens thoroughly.
Tear or chop them into bite-sized pieces and place them in a large bowl.
Cut the assorted vegetables, such as tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers, into desired shapes and sizes.
Remember to remove the seeds and pith from the bell peppers for a more enjoyable texture.
- Add the grilled steak slices: Take the rested grilled steak and thinly slice it against the grain.
This technique ensures tender and easy-to-bite steak slices. Place the slices on top of the bed of salad greens, evenly distributing them for balanced bites.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and toasted almonds: Crumble the feta cheese over the salad, allowing its creamy and tangy notes to harmonize with the other flavors.
Then, sprinkle the toasted and chopped almonds over the salad to provide a delightful crunch and nutty aroma.
- Garnish with fresh herbs: Finely chop some fresh herbs, such as parsley or basil, and sprinkle them over the salad.
The vibrant green herbs not only add a pop of color but also infuse the salad with an enticing aroma and fresh taste.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette: Finally, the pièce de résistance!
Give your grilled steak salad its irresistible flavor by generously drizzling the balsamic vinaigrette over the assembled ingredients.
The tangy-sweet notes of the vinaigrette will complement the grilled steak and elevate the entire salad experience.
Once you’ve assembled the salad, it’s time to toss it gently to ensure that all the ingredients are evenly coated with the dressing.
Be careful not to over-toss, as you don’t want the steak slices to break apart.
Serve the salad immediately and enjoy the symphony of flavors and textures in every delicious bite.
Health Benefits and Nutritional Value of Grilled Steak Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Indulging in a Grilled steak salad with balsamic vinaigrette not only satisfies your taste buds but also provides a plethora of health benefits.
Let’s dive into the nutritional value of this delectable salad and explore how its ingredients contribute to your overall well-being.
- Steak: High-quality steak is a fantastic source of protein, which plays a crucial role in muscle growth, repair, and overall body function.
It also contains essential vitamins and minerals, including iron, zinc, and B vitamins, which support energy production and contribute to a healthy immune system.
- Salad greens: The salad greens, such as romaine lettuce, baby spinach, or arugula, are low in calories and rich in fiber.
They provide essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, vitamin K, and folate.
The fiber content promotes digestion, aids in maintaining a healthy weight, and supports heart health.
- Assorted vegetables: Incorporating a variety of colorful vegetables into your grilled steak salad adds a range of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Tomatoes, for example, are packed with lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that may have heart-protective properties.
Cucumbers are hydrating and contribute to skin health due to their high water content.
Bell peppers offer a generous dose of vitamin C and other antioxidants that support immune function.
- Red onions: Red onions not only add a delightful crunch and tangy flavor to the salad but also provide beneficial compounds like quercetin, which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
They are also a source of prebiotic fibers that support a healthy gut microbiome.
- Feta cheese: While feta cheese is relatively high in sodium, it offers a good amount of calcium, protein, and vitamin B12.
Calcium is essential for maintaining strong bones and teeth, while vitamin B12 is important for nerve function and red blood cell production.
Enjoy feta cheese in moderation to benefit from its nutritional profile.
- Toasted almonds: Almonds are packed with heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, fiber, vitamin E, and magnesium.
They contribute to satiety, support brain health, and may help lower cholesterol levels when consumed as part of a balanced diet.
By enjoying this Grilled steak salad with balsamic vinaigrette, you’re treating your body to a nutrient-rich and satisfying meal.
It combines lean protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals from various ingredients, promoting overall health and well-being.
Revolutionize Your Meals with My Free Meal Prep Plan
Ladies, are you ready to take control of your meals and experience the convenience and health benefits of meal prepping?
Look no further!
Download my exclusive free meal prep plan and unlock a world of delicious and nourishing dishes tailored just for you.
Say goodbye to last-minute meal stress and hello to effortless and satisfying eating.
With my meal prep plan, you’ll discover how to effortlessly incorporate flavorful recipes like the Grilled steak salad with balsamic vinaigrette into your weekly routine.
Imagine having a fridge filled with prepped ingredients and ready-to-go meals, saving you time and energy.
Whether you’re a busy professional, a dedicated mom, or simply someone who wants to prioritize your well-being, my meal prep plan is designed to make your life easier.
Don’t wait any longer! Join the community of empowered women who are revolutionizing their meals and achieving their health goals.
Download my free meal prep plan now and unlock a world of culinary possibilities. Your taste buds and your body will thank you!
Is balsamic vinegar the same as balsamic salad dressing?
Balsamic vinegar is just vinegar (grape must), whereas a balsamic vinaigrette is made by combining balsamic vinegar with oil, sugar and other seasonings.
In general, if you’re looking for a super healthy option for salad dressing, you can stick to just oil and vinegar, which won’t have any added sugar or salt!
Is balsamic vinegar better than salad dressing?
Generally speaking, the healthiest salad dressing will be a vinaigrette like balsamic or oil and vinegar, while Caesar, ranch or anything with the word “creamy” will be the unhealthiest.
What are the cons of balsamic vinegar?
Balsamic vinegar is associated with only two potential health problems. It could erode dental enamel due to its acidity, and it may contain some lead.
While the amount of lead is considered to be too small to affect adults, there’s a chance it might raise lead levels in children.