Some lemon chicken soup with rice is a pretty hearty way to warm up your afternoon.
Especially during the cold reasons, but really, it’s tasty any time of the year. It’s basically like a chicken noodle soup except this time it has some zest to it, which makes it absolutely delicious!
There’s something so tasty when you mix lemon and chicken together and make it into a soup (along with some rice!)
This soup has plenty of spices and taste that goes PERFECT together to warm you up when you most need it.
Related: One Pan Orzo With Sausage And Peppers
I came up with this recipe when I felt like I wanted to jazz up my usual chicken noodle soup without making it too complicated.
Sometimes your taste buds just want to taste something different and zesty for a change. This lemon chicken soup (thats super easy and best of all CHEAP to make) is great for that.
What makes it so easy is that you generally make it like you would a classic chicken soup, except this version includes lemon and a few different spices to up the taste factor a bit.
Not to mention the rice is a change from the usual noodles and it makes the soup more filling overall.
I usually like to take my favorite sourdough bread and toast it then add some butter and have it as a side.
Related: 49 Cheap Dinner Ideas Perfect For Budget Meal Planning
It’s just super tasty and hearty, especially for a weekend (or even a weeknight when you can use the crock pot!) Sometimes when you’re making soup for big families, knowing different conversion measurements can come in handy to make sure you’re keeping the proportions the same. I’ve created guides and a printable that can help you with that!
Lemon chicken soup with rice
Easy Lemon Chicken Soup
- 3 cans organic chicken broth
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 11/4 cup plain white rice, cooked separately
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 1 chicken cube
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 of a stick of butter
- 1 pinch of salt to taste
- Sautee the onion in the quarter stick of butter, add the diced celery, and sautee some more as you pour in the chicken broth
- Boil the chicken breasts in the chicken broth until done
- Once done, take out chicken and pull apart with two forks in the size pieces you prefer. Or you can wait for the chicken breasts to cool down and dice it up into small chunks
- add it back in to your chicken broth, add rice, lemon juice, spices, and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- You can enjoy it with your favorite toasted artisan bread, or tortilla bits on the side for good measure (optional). Garnish with a lemon slice and onion bits
- The soup can last a week in the fridge and it makes for great leftovers
More recipes on the blog
Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes: 37+ Tasty Crock-Pot Chicken Recipes— Easy Meal Ideas
Best Flan Recipe: How To Make Mexican Flan With This Easy Flan Recipe!
23 Easy Meal Prep Ideas For When You Don’t Know What To Make
How To Make The Best Hot Chocolate: The Best Hot Chocolate Recipe With Cocoa Powder
Authentic Guacamole Recipe- How To Make An Easy & Delicious Guacamole Dip
27 Quick Dinner Ideas You Can Make In 25 Minutes Or Less
Cheap And Easy Pasta Carbonara
1 thought on “Lemon Chicken Soup With Rice (A Cheap And Easy Meal Idea!)”
It says to sautee onion but onions are not listed in the ingredients?