How To Monetize Your Lifestyle Blog
Before we get into how to make money blogging, let’s take a minute to reflect back on how much you’ve gotten done.
If you’ve made it this far down, you are serious about making this blogging thing work for you.
If you haven’t yet set up your blog, make sure you go back to step 1 and USE THE GUIDE HERE.
To start making money with your lifestyle blog, there a few steps involved to make it all work for you. But the simplified (very simplified) version is:
- Write GREAT content that people want to read and that SOLVES problems
- Put it in front of people that want that problem solved…constantly
On writing great content (important, don’t skip)
Writing great blog content doesn’t mean creating posts no one has ever seen before and aiming to be as unique as possible.
There isn’t such a thing. If you’ve seen one blog post you’ve seen all of them.
If you look more into it, have you noticed how many ‘home organization hacks’ posts there are? Or how many ‘DIY’ posts are floating around?
It’s because those bloggers have figured out that those posts work when it comes to getting found by your audience.
Basically, the shortcut to writing great content most lifestyle bloggers ignore or don’t get is:
Find other bloggers in your niche that are hitting the success you’re looking for with your blog, find their most popular content, and write a better version of it with your own blog spin.
It’s really that dead simple because it takes the guesswork out of finding out profitable blog topics.
I’ll give you an example. I used to struggle for traffic when I was writing content about stuff like writing and grammar that no one wanted to read. I’ve since erased a bunch of useless posts and completely started over.
Now, I’m building my traffic up ( last month was 6,000 pageviews and climbing) as I create content that other people have found success publishing— like DIY posts, life hacks and round-up posts…everyone and their cat are always looking for those things online.
Not to mention they are perfect lifestyle topics…hence a lifestyle blog.
Moral of the story: Target the traffic in your niche by creating posts they are already looking for.
To succeed with a lifestyle blog you DO NOT have to reinvent the wheel, just put your own spin on what is already working. If you memorize that part you’ll be golden. ☺
Also, creating decent content takes practice and it’s something you’ll get better at as you go. There is no other way around it.
So keep creating it, even if you feel like you are burning out and losing motivation. In order to really learn how to start a blog and get paid, you need perseverance. Remember, slow and steady wins the race.
Also, ‘learn to rest and not to quit’ is another great motivating saying because believe me, you’ll need tenacity.
On putting your content in front of people
Your lifestyle blog is a business. That means you are better off treating it as such. A business needs to make sure people know about it, and that’s where Pinterest comes in.
It’s a blogger’s ultra-secret (well not that secret) weapon to getting people to read your blog and grow your blog audience. Pinterest is where people can find the lifestyle topics you write about, which means traffic to your blog, which means you’ll then be able to monetize that traffic.
So make sure you master Pinterest as the best traffic tool for your blog.
To help get you started on the right foot monetizing, here are some in-depth guides I’ve put together for beginner bloggers to learn how to create a profitable lifestyle blog:
- Here’s how to get started monetizing your blog with affiliate marketing (the easiest way to start)
- Here is how to master Pinterest as a powerful blog traffic tool
- Here is the type of content you should be writing from the very beginning
- Oh, and here is how to format your content!
These are all things I wish I knew when I first started my lifestyle blog, compiled into comprehensive posts (some longer than others). So grab some coffee, get comfortable, and read on. ?
Your Next Action Steps
You are seriously off to a solid start and I’m excited for you! Here is what you should do next:
- Ideally, if you have the money to invest in blogging education, you should start by educating yourself properly as much as possible. It will hands down give you a head start in monetizing your blog faster.
- Read the guides I’ve provided to set a solid base for your blogging strategy.
- Start creating as much content that is already working as possible without sacrificing quality, publish it, and promote it with Pinterest
- Really really make sure you take the time to set up your Pinterest correctly, learn about that more here (it’s super important).
- Stay motivated and remember that slow and steady wins the race!
- If you have any questions/anything you think I can help you out with don’t hesitate to send me an email.
Lots of time, drafting, and effort went into creating this guide so that it helped you start a life-changing online business (your lifestyle blog).
Remember to shoot me an email with any lifestyle blog questions you may have.