If you love all things unicorn and sparkles, then this unicorn hot chocolate is a must try!
Now, I know you might be thinking this is really hard to make.
But I promise you it’s the easiest thing in the world. With a few pointers and a bit of creativity, you can definitely make all your childhood unicorn dreams come true.
Once you make this masterpiece, your sweet tooth is in for quite the treat.
Unicorn hot chocolate recipe
I think the biggest secret to this unicorn hot chocolate recipe is the blue candy melts I used for the rim. It’s the easiest thing to use to garnish desserts, drinks, cookies, whatever you want once you get the hang of it.
Related: How To Make Homemade Hot Chocolate From Scratch
Not to mention the taste is actually pretty delicious. It’s like a sweet gooey buttery goodness. Your kids will LOVE it just as much (or more) as you!
Here’s a link to some of the key ingredients I used in this recipe:
Perfect for creating the sweet rim that makes your unicorn hot chocolate stand out (you can also get them in pink or purple if you prefer)
Any type of graham crackers will do. You just need to make sure you have some to create the ‘unicorn horn.’
They add a nice pop of color to the marshmallow top. You can even garnish your mashmallows with bits of the candy melts too.
The pearl sprinkles add an extra whimsical touch to each mug.
That’s what gives your hot chocolate all the flavor!
Or regular milk. I prefer almond milk for health reasons but any milk will do here.
To make your unicorn hot chocolate extra special opt for some clear glass mugs!
When I first made this hot chocolate I thought I’d have to hurry and take pictures quickly or else the marshmallows would melt too soon. But they didn’t. They actually held for a long time before it was time to drink the hot chocolate which was nice.
Unicorn hot chocolate tips
If you can’t find or don’t have small marshmallows and only have big ones all you have to do is take the big ones, use a clean knife, and cut them into little pieces.
Wanna know a secret? That’s what I did here! I would have preferred to use multicolored mini marshmallows in pink and white but I had forgotten to stock up on some on my grocery run.
I noticed I had a bag of jumbo marshmallows and cut those. They worked just as well and it did the trick.
Also, if you have trouble getting the graham cracker unicorn horn to stand up you might want to dip the end of it in a bit of the candy melt and hide it in between the marshmallows. That should do the trick!
Though it might take a bit of adjusting if you want your hot chocolate to look just right.
This unicorn hot chocolate recipe is perfect for birthday parties, sleepovers, or small get togethers with your kids! You can find the full recipe below.
More unicorn inspired recipes and DIY ideas
If you’ve hung around here a bit you know I have a bit of an arsenal of unicorn inspired DIY ideas and unicorn printables. Here are a few I know you’ll LOVE!
One of my all time favorite sugar scrubs to make.
Unicorn poop AKA unicorn popcorn! Learn how to make it!
How to make unicorn popcorn complete with a free unicorn themed popcorn tub template.
Chia seed pudding unicorn treats
This was a bit of an experiment with chia seed pudding that turned out great.
3 Free Unicorn Invitation templates for your next celebration
Need a quick unicorn invitation template? I’ve got three different once you can choose from to download instantly for free!
DIY Unicorn party favors with free printable tags
I couldn’t get enough of these unicorn party favors when I made them. Check out the full tutorial.
DIY 5 minute unicorn marshmallow pops
Unicorn DIYs don’t have to be complicated, just try this 5 minute idea!
17 Unicorn templates for your next craft project
If you love all things unicorn, then try these templates for your next craft project: free unicorn stickers, invitation templates, signs, wallpaper, and more.
19 Unicorn Birthday Party Ideas
You might just have to bookmark this one to come back to for unicorn themed ideas.
Unicorn hot chocolate recipe
Unicorn Hot Chocolate
- 2 Cups Milk or almond milk if vegan
- 2 Tbsp Strawberry syrup
- 1/3 Cup White chocolate
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Blue candy melts
- 1 Pack of pearl sprinkles
- 2 Graham crackers
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 4-7 Pink starbursts
- 1 sandwich bag for the candy melts
- 2 Clear mugs
- Add your blue candy melts to a sandwich bags and microwave for 30 seconds
- Seal the sandwich bag and cut off a very small piece of the corner to form a pipping bag
- In swift motions, first add about three rings of the melted candy around the rim of each mug (it's ok if this part gets a little messy, it's what we want)
- Then in zig zag motions keep adding more icing around the rim until you get the desired look (let it melt down the sides of the mug for an extra delicious look!)
- Quickly after, shake some pink pearl sprinkles onto the candy icing before it hardens for an extra pop of color
- In a small pan, bring milk to a boil and add strawberry syrup, white chocolate, and vanilla extract.
- If not sweet enough, add another tablespoon or two of strawberry syrup to taste.
- Mix until chocolate melts and then pour into mugs
- Start piling on your marshmallows in each mug until you get a big heap
- Peel a few pink starbursts along with a few blue candy melt pieces and garnish around the marshmallows
- Take a knife and carefully cut two graham crackers at an angle to form a triangle (your unicorn horn)
- Place in between the middle of the marshmallows and serve immediately
- Enjoy your unicorn hot chocolate!