I must confess I LOVE anything and everything watermelon.
And so naturally, I had to make a watermelon themed sugar scrub, because why the heck not? Especially if you have some watermelon juice sitting around, you best bet I tried my hand at creating a scrub.
You can find the simple recipe at the bottom or read on for more sugar scrub tips and tricks!
DIY watermelon sugar scrub
- 1 Cup of white sugar
- 1 Tbsp. of organic watermelon juice or watermelon extract
- 1 Tsp. Honey
- A few drops of Vitamin E Oil (optional)
- A few drops of pink food coloring (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well blended.
- If paste is too dry for your liking, add another teaspoon of honey and patiently blend in.
- Add your printable watermelon template to your mason jar container.
- Spoon watermelon sugar scrub mix into a container and enjoy using it!
- Sugar scrubs usually keep in the fridge for up to a month.
Now, if you’re making a watermelon sugar scrub you want to make sure you make it with honey (the best honey you can find) and NOT coconut oil.
Well, even though I LOVE coconut oil for so many things (including sugar scrubs) I tend to lean towards creating honey based sugar scrubs, and that’s because sometimes, when you want to create sugar scrubs that smell like their flavor, and you use coconut oil, the smell is too overpowering.
Don’t get me wrong. Coconut oil can be great as part of a sugar scrub if you don’t mind your whole scrub smelling mostly like coconut oil.
When you make your sugar scrubs with honey, the sweet smell only adds to the flavor you’re trying to make your scrub in. I remember I couldn’t believe how sweet my strawberry sugar scrub smelled when I made it with honey.
It was such a nice and sweet candy-like strawberry smell and without having to add any fragrances. I think the mix of natural fruit ingredients along with the sugar and honey just makes for an all-around good combination that smells amazing!
Free printable watermelon sugar scrub labels
And yes, this sugar scrub comes with free printable labels!
These labels come in size 2in. X 2 in. approximately. But if you open them with Adobe Acrobat, I’m sure you can mess around with the size if you need them smaller or bigger.
Download the file below and save it for printing when you’re ready!