Sometimes you wake up in the morning and you want nothing more than some fluffy strawberry pancakes.
Recently, my SO went out and got a ton of organic strawberries since they were only $2 a tub (now that’s not something you see every day!) and needless to say, I was delighted to use them.
The pancakes turned out pretty darn tasty and, along with some cane syrup and a slab of butter, they were a treat to my sweet tooth (which only shows up every now and again).
I don’t know if you can tell, but I experimented with some food coloring on the very top pancake, just to see the turnout.
I ended up not needing the extra color, but it was an interesting color for a pancake, probably great to do if you’re creating a romantic breakfast for Valentine’s Day or any day you want to show someone love.
Scroll down for the complete recipe! Enjoy and don’t eat them all at once! 😉
- 1½ Cups All purpose flour
- 3½ Tsp. Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tbsp. Melted butter
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1¼ Cups Almond milk
- 1 Cup Strawberries, pureed
- 1 Bottle Cane sugar syrup (or your favorite syrup!)
- In a bowl, mix your flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg and butter until well blended, then mix in your almond milk
- Add your bowl of dry ingredients and mix until blended (try not to over mix)
- Puree strawberries in a blender with a bit of almond milk
- Add to the mixture and blend just so
- Use a half measuring cup to ladle batter on a stove top non-stick pan on medium heat and cook on both sides
- Drizzle with syrup, powdered sugar (optional), butter, and/or strawberries and enjoy!