Today’s DIY idea is pretty darn simple.
And I think that’s kind of what makes it special. You can create beautiful things without breaking a leg. It’s really about getting creative with what you have to work with.
I wanted to create a pretty washi tape paperclip flags post but thought up this one after using curling ribbon for a unicorn project I was working on that same day.
It’s lovely what happens when you merge two ideas together, you come up with another awesome idea!
And thus, the ‘party’ paperclip flags were born. Below I’ll show you how to put them together (Psst, it takes like 5 little minutes!)
DIY Paperclip Flags
First you want to make sure you gather all your supplies so you can comfortably make them in one go.
I’m often guilty of not gathering everything I need and I end up having to get up like five times to complete a project. Not good.
But I digress. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Curling ribbon in a lot of different colors (the dollar store is perfect for this)
- Your preferred paperclips
- You’ll want to cut out three pieces of six inch curling ribbon for each paperclip
- Tie one piece of ribbon to the top end of the paperclip and curl with your scissors
- Tie the second piece of curling ribbon on top of the first one and repeat the process, add the third piece and repeat
- Now you’re left with a fun paperclip flag you can use for your bullet journals, planners, and any stray notes you have flying around!
Here’s what it looks like on one of my DIY bullet journal notebooks.
Isn’t it cute?!
Heck, now that I think about it you can even string these cute paperclips together into a pretty creative garland idea.
How did you like the paperclips? Let me know below!
More DIY And Bullet Journal Ideas
If you’re looking for page idea inspiration, then this list will be perfect for that and then some.
I love creating keys for notes that can get confusing. Here I show you how to create keys for your personal bullet journal.
Looking for the best bullet journal supplies? Look no further. I’ve got just the list for you.
A habit tracker can help you reach your goals faster and course correct when it comes to building good habits. Here’s a good way to start.
Are you a newbie to bullet journaling. Here’s how you can get started!
Are you looking for font inspo? Then you’ll want to check out this post.
Unicorns are awesome. Unicorn invitation templates are even better!