I’m here, once again, with yet another DIY sugar scrub recipe!
And this one is one for the books. I knew I wanted to create a peppermint sugar scrub I just hadn’t figure out the look yet. Because if you’re an avid sugar scrub maker like me, you know you can give your sugar scrub all kinds of awesome looks.
Especially if you have printable tags to play with (which I provide for free below!)
Peppermint sugar scrub recipe[ingredients title=”Ingredients”]
- 2 Cups of white sugar
- 8-10 Drops of peppermint essential oil
- 5-6 Drops of red food coloring
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil
- Peppermint candy (optional)
- 1 small mason jar with a lid
- First prepare two bowls with one cup of sugar in each of them
- Add two tablespoons of honey to one bowl and one tablespoon of coconut oil to another bowl and mix well (it might take a few minutes, that’s ok)
- Then add about 5 drops of peppermint oil in each bowl (or more if you think that isn’t enough for you)
- Add about 5-6 drops of red food coloring to the bowl with sugar and honey in it two drops at a time until you get a shade of red you’re happy with
- Then take your small mason jar and start piling in your sugar scrub in layers!
- For the bow, I used washi tape to go around the edge of the lid twice, and to create a quick bow I glue sticked to the front. Simple!
- Here’s how I got the striped effect for mine: First I spooned in a bit of the white sugar scrub and patted it down with the help of a small spoon until it took the shape I was looking for (a triangle like shape starting at the very bottom left of the mason jar) and then I used a clean spoon to add the red sugar scrub a little at a time patting it down each time with a small spoon until it shaped a thin red layer on top of the white sugar scrub I put down first.
- Then I repeat the process with the white scrub, the red scrub and on.
- I make sure to shape each layer each time, and then take a good look on the outside of the mason jar to make sure it’s looking how I want.
- It might take a few minutes of patience but the end look of a peppermint candy in a jar is so worth it!
If you want to get really fancy you can include some candy pieces inside the sugar scrub if you’re gifting it.
For the sake of the pictures, I crushed some candy peppermint all around the open container.
Related: How To Make Easy Bath Bombs That Fizz
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: You probably shouldn’t use crushed peppermint candy pieces on your skin as it can be damaging. If you’d like to use it for decoration, make sure you add your candy pieces only on the TOP layer of your mason jar so you can easily scoop it out and only use the sugar scrub at the bottom (without the candy pieces).
Free peppermint sugar scrub printable labels
I decided to include two types of printable labels for this sugar scrub since a 3D sugar scrub label is probably not everybody’s cup of tea.
One is simpler, and the other one is the 3D tag you see in the images. All you have to do is cut it out, fold the lowermost fold and take it or glue stick it to the top of your mason jar.
These printable labels are to be printed on letter sized paper and are each approximately 2 in. X 2 in. in size.
PLEASE NOTE: These peppermint labels are for personal use only and are not to be distributed or resold without my permission. 🙂 In other words, you can print out a ton to give out to your friends but you can’t use them to start your own sugar scrub business without permission.
3D Peppermint sugar scrub label
Again, with these labels, all you have to do is:
- Cut them out and fold the bottom white flap
- Use either tape or a glue stick to fasten the white tab onto the center of your mason jar lid.
- Once it’s taped on your label will automatically sit up on your jar!
Simple Peppermint sugar scrub label
If you’re more of a simple is better person then I went ahead and whipped up these printables too.
They’re also very pretty can can look great atop or on the side of your mason jar. Just don’t forget to add your bow!
DOWNLOAD BOTH FREE PRINTABLE SUGAR SCRUB LABELS HERE
How long will this sugar scrub last?
This sugar scrub can last for about a month, refrigerated.
I you LOVE all things peppermint you won’t be able to get enough of this scrub.
It is a bit different than how I usually create the rest of the scrubs because it uses both honey and coconut oil. The coconut oil is to make sure that the white half of the sugar scrub stays white (I was scared that with the honey it would make the white too yellowish for the recipe to work).
So instead what I did was add a tablespoon of coconut oil and it worked perfectly. If anything I think the honey base sugar scrub and the coconut base sugar scrub together make for an interesting combination of two awesome and healthy ingredients.
This peppermint sugar scrub makes the perfect holiday gift idea!
I would be remiss if I didn’t gush about (at least a little bit) how great of a holiday gift idea this makes! Especially with the pretty peppermint candy cane effect.
Remember to pin this DIY idea to your favorite sugar scrubs board on Pinterest so that you can come back to it!
More sugar scrub recipes!
Brown sugar honey lip and body scrub
11 Face scrubs for glowing skin
How to use essential oils for beginners