Are you celebrating a birthday?
At some point during the year, all of us do. Whether its for ourselves, family, or for a friend of ours.
I’ve recently been making a lot of chia seed pudding and I somehow converged the two ideas together: birthday parties and chia seeds.
I’ve created things like Unicorn chia seed treats along with a complete guide on hot to make simple chia pudding, but I thought I’d make this chia pudding with a bit of a birthday cake treat.
I did this by adding crumbled graham crackers, sprinkles, cookies, whip cream and lots of berries!
It didn’t come out too shabby if you ask me. And you can easily recreate this at home for yourself.
Chia seed birthday parfait ingredients:
▶ Birthday sprinkles
▶ Whip cream
▶ Graham crackers
▶ Vanilla cookies (optional)
▶ Walnuts (optional)
Get creative with your chia seed parfait
The great thing about parfaits is that their ingredients DO NOT have to be set in stone for it to work. So you can have lots of freedom with how you create them.
The main ingredient in this parfait is chia.
So if you know anyone in your life that loves chia seed anything, this can definitely be a birthday go to.
Tips and tricks to layer your parfaits
You can see that I created two finished for the top of the parfait because I didn’t know which one I liked the best.
I think in the end, the version topped with strawberries and blackberries is the one that takes the cake for me. Just because I like fruits so darn much.
I do like how the whipped cream finish came out though!
When you create your parfait layers, try creating thin layers of each ingredient for a more detailed look and finish.
Another thing you can do is, when you pour in each ingredient, try holding the glass at an angle.
Then, when you add the next ingredient, try to fill the hollow created by the first angled ingredient so you get a cool zig zag effect.
Obviously, with dry ingredients it won’t be as easy to do but even slanting them just a little can help ad a bit more flair to your dessert.
Chia Seed Birthday Cake Parfait
- 1/2 Cup Almond milk
- 3 Tbsp. Chia seeds
- 6-8 Graham crackers, crumbled
- 1/4 Cup Sprinkles
- 1 Can of whipped cream
- 1 Handful of walnuts (optional)
- 3-4 Strawberries
- 3-4 Blackberries
- To make your chia pudding set your chia seeds and almond milk in a bowl, mix, cover, and let sit overnight
- Once your chia pudding is nice and set, you can start layering all your ingredients!
- I started with a smashed graham cracker base
- Then I added a nice layer of sprinkles
- Then I added the chia pudding
- Then some whipped cream
- Then some more sprinkles and crackers!
- Then I topped it all off with the berried, vanilla cookies, and some more whipped cream and sprinkles
- Don't be afraid to get creative with it and layer your chia seed parfait however you like
- Serve immediately and enjoy!